Whistler Alpine Meadows
Friday, September 20-22, 2019 - 25km, 55km, 110km, NEW 175km, NEW Ascent Race, NEW Triple WAMMY!
Welcome to the Whistler Alpine Meadows races. Quite simply, this is some of the most fantastic terrain you could ever hope to run on, with the added bonus of being in the world class destination of Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
The Whistler Alpine Meadows races (WAM) encompass all of the absolute highlights of what Whistler and coastal British Columbia has to offer, and in fact many of the alpine trails utilized in these races were only completed over the last few years. Runners will be treated to expansive alpine meadows, raging waterfalls, blooming wildflowers, calving glaciers, dizzying suspension bridge crossings, pristine alpine tarns and over a dozen backcountry lakes, and that’s not to mention the 360 degree panoramic mountain views as far as the eye can see. Whistler is world famous, and for good reason!
The Whistler Alpine Meadows races have it all and are not shy on the elevation profile side of things either, just click on through and view those course profiles!
For 2019 you can select between the following race distance options:
Ascent Race / 25 km / 55 km / 110 km / 175 km / Triple WAMMY! (Friday Ascent, Saturday 25k, Sunday 55k)
AND, on top of all of this, every single race entry includes the following items:
- Custom WAM race shirt (poly – cotton blend)
- Custom WAM Boco brand, technical running hat (endurance hat)
- Custom WAM buff
- Custom WAM cinch bag
- $5 per short distance entry donated to local Whistler trail organizations
- $10 per long distance entry donated to local Whistler trail organizations
- Chip timing
- Live racer tracking for 110k and 175k races
- Finisher medals for each distance
- Belt Buckles for 175km finishers
- Custom Salomon tech tees for all Triple Whammy! finishers
- Finish line BBQ – burgers & smokies all day, breakfast wraps (bacon & eggs!) overnight & into the morning
- Finish line hugs, high fives and smiles
- One of the best mountain running experiences on the continent!