Covid-19 Update: WAM POSTPONED UNTIL 2021.
It is once again with a heavy heart, after having already cancelled 6 of our 8 Coast Mountain Trail Running races this year, that we are forced to make the following frustrating decision of postponing the Whistler Alpine Meadows races until 2021.
This means that the 2020 WAM races will not occur, and everyone’s entries will roll forth into 2021. Nothing further needs to be done from your end at this time, we will contact you in the fall with next steps. You will receive a 100% credit towards your choice of WAM 2021, 2022 or 2023. No refunds can be offered, which was clearly communicated via numerous emails to all participants over the last few months. If you purchased branded merchandise with your registration, we will contact you separately in the coming days.
This certainly comes as no surprise to runners here in BC’s lower mainland, as we’ve seen all the big local events like BC Bike Race, the Gran Fondo and the MOMAR all forced to cancel their September events in recent days. While we explored every option to meet the current BC health guidelines, including dramatically scaling down the event, there are just too many external variables at play. There are complex layers of land access required for this event, and many of our key land manager partners are facing their own uncertain situations that prevent them from being able to provide any guaranteed land access. We’ve built great relationships around Whistler that have taken years to establish, and it is our duty to continue to support and foster those relationships by respecting all of the variables and uncertainties at play at this current time.
Please rest assured that we have absolutely exhausted all options available to us up until this point, and unfortunately we are left with no other course of action to pursue.
We promise that we’ll be doing all we can to still provide value to our runners, and we’ll attempt to replace this massive gap in the calendar with whatever is available to us in the coming months, which will likely be some form of virtual event in the fall running season. Stay tuned via our email list and social media feeds.
Big hugs, from afar, to each and every one of you. We miss this community so much this year. Let’s all hope we can get back to business as usual again in the not too distant future.
|Distance||Dec 1||March 1||Race Cap|
Every runner in every distance will receive:
- Custom WAM race shirt from Territory Run Co (poly – cotton blend)
- Custom WAM Boco brand, technical running hat
- Custom WAM beer glass
- Custom WAM cinch bag
- $5 per entry (plus an extra $5 for each 110K and 100M entry) donated to local Whistler trail organizations
- Chip timing
- Finisher medals for each distance
- Belt Buckles for 100 mile finishers
- Unique custom finisher item for all Triple WAMMY! finishers
- Finish line BBQ – burgers & smokies all day, breakfast wraps (bacon & eggs!) & waffles overnight & into the morning
- Finish line hugs, high fives and smiles
- One of the best mountain running experiences on the continent!
- Anyone dropping out up to and including March 25 will receive a 50% refund of entry fees.
- You can move down in distance, but not up in distance. No credit is provided for the difference in entry fee.